Watch now: Challenges and Opportunities for Boys of Color
Foundation For The Carolinas
Charlotte, NC 28202
Video: If you were unable to attend or would like to view this session again and/or share it, it is available here.
Research shows that boys of color experience a variety of unique challenges as a result of pervasive educational, economic and social inequities. Join us on August 10 for an insightful discussion with national and local leaders on the factors that specifically impact boys of color, and opportunities to help facilitate positive outcomes.
This session will be moderated by Mark Jerrell, Mecklenburg County Commissioner, District 4. Panelists include:
- Dr. Frank D. Barnes, Chief Accountability Officer, Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
- Shawn Dove, Founder, Corporation for Black Male Achievement, Author, I Too Am America: On Loving and Leading Black Men & Boys
- Timothy Fowler, President and CEO, Boys To Men Foundation
- Righteous Keitt, Student, UNC-Chapel Hill, GenerationNation Board Member
- Dr. James L. Moore III, Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion, Chief Diversity Officer, Executive Director of the Bell National Resource Center, The Ohio State University