FFTC COVID-19 Update
Foundation For The Carolinas is joining the collective effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 by closing our headquarters facility. Our team is currently working remotely and will remain available to assist you.
During this time, virtually all Foundation services will continue for our fundholders, grantees and other partners. Here are few important things to know:
- We are available: You can continue to reach the FFTC team via their office emails and phone numbers during regular business hours. Fundholders may access their accounts 24/7 at MyFFTC.org.
- Contributions and gifts: We will continue processing contributions to FFTC-held funds. Gifts may be delayed in posting to funds. We encourage fundholders to utilize electronic mechanisms such as ACH or wire transfers or to make contributions to their funds online at MyFFTC.org.
- Stewardship of FFTC funds: FFTC, along with our investment committee and investment consultant, Mercer, is closely monitoring global markets. While the full impact is not yet known, our long-term portfolios are well-diversified and designed to withstand market volatility. Visit www.myfftc.org/resources to view a recent webinar.
- Donor-directed grants: Grant awards will continue to be processed for nonprofits and scholarship recipients. Please note that there may be processing delays. We encourage fundholders to recommend grants online at MyFFTC.org. Nonprofits that currently receive grant payments by check can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to sign up for ACH transfer.
- Competitive grants and scholarships: Nonprofits may continue to apply for grants from open competitive grant programs through our online grants portal. Students may apply online for scholarships managed by FFTC.
- Meetings and Events: FFTC will not be booking meetings and events at our headquarters through the remainder of 2020.
- Community response to COVID-19: We have partnered with United Way of Central Carolinas to launch the COVID-19 Response Fund to support nonprofits assisting people most affected by the pandemic. Visit our webpage for information about grant awards and regional efforts.
We recognize that this is a challenging time for many in our community, and our thoughts are with those affected by the impacts of this pandemic. FFTC remains committed to serving our fundholders, our nonprofit community and our region.
The FFTC Team