The Foundation makes good financial sense for you by providing:
Substantial tax advantages
Low administrative costs
Professional stewardship of assets
Charitable interests preserved in perpetuity
Our portfolio results are competitive, with a typical endowment fund invested as follows:
22.7% S&P 500 Index
19.3% International Equity
4.9% Small Cap Growth Equity
4.9% Small Cap Value Equity
14.2% Intermediate Fixed Income
* The typical endowment asset strategy represents the Foundation’s target allocation. Due to the nature of alternative investments, the assets may not be fully invested at this time.
Investment Returns (as of April 30, 2013)*
For a typical endowment net of fees:
- Year-to-date return: 10.1%
- 3-year return: 8.2%
- 5-year return: 4.1%
*NOTE: Posted returns are audited for the months of March, June, September and December. Returns posted as of any other date are preliminary and unaudited.
The numbers (as of April 30, 2013):
- Total Assets Owned and Represented: $1.15 billion
- Total Gifts: $111 million
- Total Grants: $49 million
Click here to download Foundation For The Carolinas' 2011 Form 990.