The ANSWER Scholarship Endowment
Provides financial support and encouragement to adult women age 25 and older who are raising school-age children (grades K-12) and are seeking to earn a two-year nursing degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in the field of their choice.
For more information, visit the scholarship's Web site at www.answerscholarship.org.
- Be a “nontraditional” female student age 25 or older at the time of the application deadline
- Be a legal resident of Mecklenburg County, NC or a contiguous county in North or South Carolina (Cabarrus, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Rowan, Stanly and Union in NC and Lancaster and York in SC)
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time, degree-seeking student at an accredited institution in North or South Carolina
- Be primary caregiver to at least one school-age child (enrolled in grades K-12). This includes natural born or legally adopted children or children for whom legal guardianship has been granted. The children must live in the home with the applicant
Recipients must maintain satisfactory performance and meet the following mentoring requirements:
- Attend either the annual luncheon sponsored by the donor or meet with the donor prior to December 31 of the current award year
- Have contact (phone, email, or an in person visit) once a month with an assigned mentor. Mentors will be assigned by the Fund through its Mentors for Mom Program.
How to Apply:
The 2014-2015 scholarship application cycle is now closed. Please visit our website in January for the next application cycle.
Back to Scholarship Listing
Can't view an application? Here are some links that will help you:
Acrobat Reader | Microsoft Reader