Cherokee County Community Foundation
The Cherokee County Community Foundation was established in 1994 by local leaders to encourage philanthropy and secure resources to address local issues.
The Foundation brings together charitable donors, community leaders and nonprofit organizations to make positive impacts throughout Cherokee County, South Carolina.
- Support local causes for generations to come with our planned giving solutions.
- The Foundation has a local board of trustees made up of community leaders that provide a county-specific perspective to their annual grantmaking program.
- The competitive grant program, funded by a permanent endowment advised by the board, addresses local issues and is directed by funding priorities established by the board.
- Charitable donors, both individuals and businesses, have many options for supporting their favorite nonprofit organizations through the Cherokee County Community Foundation while receiving the maximum tax deductibility. Donors can also support the educational needs of students through scholarship funds.
- Nonprofit organizations address local issues and receive grants from the Cherokee County Foundation in support of the board’s funding priorities. The back office charitable services and fund administration services of the Foundation can also be utilized by nonprofit organizations.
The Cherokee County Community Foundation is an affiliate of Foundation For The Carolinas—a philanthropic and charitable services organization serving 13 counties in North and South Carolina, which provides experienced staff, administrative support and fiduciary management.