Moving Forward Together:
Deliberating the Implications of Amendment One
You are invited to a community discussion about the upcoming vote on the proposed constitutional amendment. Hear from informative speakers representing a variety of perspectives on the issue.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square
Speakers to include:
- Chief Judge Lisa Bell
- Rep. Ruth Samuelson
- Professor Karl Campbell, Appalachian State University
- Russell Robinson, Esq.
- Former Mecklenburg County Commissioner Dan Bishop, Esq.
- Professor Pat Sellers, Davidson College
- Professor Carol Swartz, UNC Charlotte
- Valecia McDowell, Community Building Initiative
This discussion is presented by Foundation For The Carolinas, and hosted by Davidson College, Johnson & Wales University, Johnson C. Smith University, Queens University of Charlotte and UNC Charlotte.