Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds are maintained by the FCJC and allow the donor or someone the donor chooses to recommend grants to qualified charitable organizations. The amount and timing of those grants are determined by the donor or their successor advisors. They provide donors a way to generate immediate tax deductions while waiting to determine the charities that will ultimately benefit.
You can establish a Donor Advised Fund with a minimum gift of $10,000 in cash, stock or other property.
Some of the benefits of a Donor Advised Fund are:
- Donors receive an immediate tax deduction and eliminate capital gains taxes on any long-term appreciated property
- Provides a central location for your charity giving
- Your gifts to the fund will remain confidential
- You stay involved and, if needed, utilize the resources and FCJC’s expertise to recommend agencies and programs that connect with your charitable interests and meet the needs of the community
- You can pass the right to recommend grants from your fund to your successor advisors
Click here for a handout on Donor Advised Funds.
Please consult with your professional tax advisor to determine if a Donor Advised Fund is appropriate for you. For more information please contact Phil Warshauer, Executive Director, Foundation for the Charlotte Jewish Community at 704.973.4544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.