Gifts of Business Interests
Building Your Business, Building Your Community
Good business decisions can do great things for your community. Foundation For The Carolinas helps business owners like you make a positive impact on your bottom line and on the causes you value most.
By gifting interests in LLCs, limited partnerships or closely held corporations to Community Investments Foundation, a subsidiary of Foundation For The Carolinas, you retain control of your business and can:
- Increase support for your favorite philanthropic interests
- Maximize your income tax deduction at 30% of adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Avoid or reduce capital gains and avoid excise taxes
- Avoid or reduce future estate tax
- Leverage business continuity opportunities
Tax efficient and easy to establish, gifts to Community Investments Foundation amplify your investments in business and philanthropy. You have built a successful business. Let us help you build a stronger community.
1. Make the Gift
- Due diligence process & gift acceptance
- Income tax deduction maximized
2. Gift Held & Liquidated
- Capital gains avoided or reduced
- No payout requirement
- Income Tax liability minimized
- Flexible timeline for liquidation
3. Achieve Philanthropic Goals
- Proceeds from liquidation transferred to gift fund at FFTC
- Grants distributed by the donor to any qualified nonprofit in the U.S.
For more information, contact the Philanthropic Advancement team at 704.973.4500. Click here to download a printable version of this information.