Salisbury Community Foundation
The Salisbury Community Foundation has benefited the community since its inception in 1944. The Foundation was established by a group of concerned citizens with the common interest of making Salisbury and Rowan County a better place to live. The Salisbury Community Foundation joined forces with Foundation For The Carolinas as a supporting organization in 1995 and became a regional affiliate in 2006.
The Foundation brings together charitable donors, community leaders and nonprofit organizations to make positive impacts throughout Salisbury and Rowan County, North Carolina.
- Support local causes for generations to come with our planned giving solutions.
- The Foundation has a local board of trustees made up of community leaders that provide a county-specific perspective to their annual grantmaking program.
- The competitive grant program, funded by a permanent endowment advised by the board, addresses local issues and is directed by funding priorities established by the board.
- Charitable donors, both individuals and businesses, have many options for supporting their favorite nonprofit organizations through the Salisbury Community Foundation while receiving the maximum tax deductibility. Donors can also support the educational needs of students through scholarship funds.
- Nonprofit organizations address local issues and receive grants from the Salisbury Foundation in support of the board’s funding priorities. The back office charitable services and fund administration services of the Foundation can also be utilized by nonprofit organizations.
The Salisbury Community Foundation is an affiliate of Foundation For The Carolinas—a philanthropic and charitable services organization serving 13 counties in North and South Carolina, which provides experienced staff, administrative support and fiduciary management.