Click here for Application for Financial Assistance
Snyder's-Lance Associate Relief Fund
The Snyder's-Lance Associate Relief Fund was established to assist associates experiencing an emergency hardship or qualified disaster that is beyond their control - whether and emergency hardship or qualified disaster. It was created to provide a way for the Snyder's-Lance associates to support fellow associates who are experiencing a financial hardship resulting from a sudden, severe, overwhelming and unexpected event - whether a qualified disaster or an emergency hardship, which results in an inability to provide basic life necessities.
Qualifying Disasters include a natural disaster such as a disaster resulting from an act of God like hurricane, tornado, earthquake or flood or a personal disaster such as a house fire; or a qualified disaster such as a disaster caused by terrorism or military action; or a federally declared disaster.
- Emergency Hardships include events such as illness, death in the family, or other sudden, severe, overwhelming and unexpected events that are beyond the associate's control and which result in the associate's inability to provide basic life necessities for themselves and their family. Certain charitable income guidelines apply.
- While domestic violence is not a "qualified disaster" under the Internal Revenue Code's definition of that term, the IRS still acknowledges it as an emergency need that may, under certain circumstances, rise to an appropriate level for immediate and at least short-term assistance, regardless of the associate's income level.
The applicant must be an active associate of Snyder's-Lance or an associate on leave with pay, including Short-Term Disability and paid time off. Requested expenses must be the result of an event that has occurred after the associate's hire date. Contract, temporary associates, retirees or those on unpaid leave or Long-Term Disability (LTD) are not eligible.
If you are seeking assistance as a result of Superstorm Sandy, temporary disaster relief grant award maximums have been triggered and are as follows:
- $500 maximum on evacuation expenses
- $3,000 maximum on essential home repairs
- Additionally, limits for food assistance are based on household size.
Hardship grant awards and those disasters not related to Sandy are up to $5,000. Grant amounts vary based upon the nature of the event and related expenses. In most circumstances, if it is approved, the grant will be sent in the form of check payable to the vendor to whom the associate owes payment. Grants awarded to an associate as a result of an emergency hardship or a qualified disaster is considered non taxable income and should not be included int he associate's gross income.
Certain income guidelines may apply.
How to Apply
Associates may download the Grant Application for Financial Assistance (Fillable Word Document). Applications are also available by mail, e-mail, fax or by calling the Program Coordinator at 1-877-264-4430. A completed application must be submitted in order for the application to be reviewed. Incomplete applications will be held for 30 days after the application has been submitted. After 30 days, the applicant will need to reapply by submitting a new application with all supporting documents again. NOTE: Applications must be submitted for review within one year of the occurring event.
Employee-based tax-exempt disaster relief and emergency hardship programs must benefit an indefinite charitable class; therefore, Snyder's-Lance Associate Relief Fund cannot limit its assistance to specific associates, including victims of a particular disaster or from a specific geographic location.
To make one time contributions by credit card or check to the Snyder's-Lance Associate Relief Fund, please contact Foundation For The Carolinas at 1-800-973-7244. Please make checks payable to Foundation For The Carolinas, listing Snyder's-Lance on the memo line of your check.